Friday, July 2, 2010

Working for the Weekend

And working during the weekend....

Work has been CRAZY lately. Since the bossman decided to put a little too much on his plate this month and since he came down with strep throat, I've been picking up the slack...and there has been a lot of slack. It's definitely been dragging me down a little. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but anyone who knows me can probably attest to the fact that keeping a positive attitude is not one of my strongest points.

So although the past few weekends have been pickled with work detail, John and I have still managed to have some fun here and there and learn a few things.

1. Galveston is gross - unless you are drinking enough beer to forget about the dirty brown water, the stench of rotting seaweed and the muddy, mucky sand (which we were!). Although we admit it would take a lot to get us back there, we did have a wonderful day of meeting up with an old college friend, getting sunburnt to a crisp and "frolicking" in the waves.



2. Double Down - this mythical-sounding sandwich from KFC is pretty darn good and worth trying once. We split it to save some calories on our way home from Galveston!



3. World War II in the Pacific was bad....real bad. We watched 10 hours of the HBO miniseries, The Pacific. Interesting...if you can get past the first few boring hours.



4. Jetson looks better with a fluffy tail. Jetty got his 2nd haircut of the season, thanks to daddy and his brand new high-powered doggy clippers. John was having so much fun watching all that hair fly away that he got a little carried away. We think Jetson is a little embarrassed by his new look, but we keep assuring him it will grow back in no time. At least its not school picture week!

Rat Dog


 5. Cheeseburger in Paradise - to celebrate the 3 month anniversary of the day we tied the knot, J & I walked over to one of our favorite local drinking  eating establishments and had one of the best tasting cheeseburgers of our lives. It was magical. I think the heavens opened and the angels started singing when we took our first bites. Top it off with some french fries and a pitcher of beer and we remembered why we married each other in the first place.



6. Soccer is boring. Sorry, I know I am insulting a lot of my readers (or my only reader, sorry Allie!). I think the excitement caused by the World Cup is very cool - but actually watching the games....excruciatingly painful. Any game that can be tied at zero/zero is a no go in my book. Here are two things I find acceptable about the World Cup: Landon Donovan = Jon Christ & Cupcakes with American flags in them. COME ON (American)  FOOTBALL!!!!



We've got an exciting weekend ahead of us - its the 4th of July. Traditionally one of my favorite holidays. It brings back good memories of carefree summers, hot dogs, boats and plus, I think fireworks are romantic. We don't have any big plans, but I heard Pat Green is playing at the Freedom Over Texas festival. Maybe we will walk on over and check it out.



1 comment: