He has been upgrading our electronics.
I told John how I get scared being downstairs when he isn't here so he replaced our old clunker TV in the bedroom with a fancy HD flatscreen and Blu Ray player.
He has been spoiling me.
See previous post. :-)
He has been collecting paint samples.
We just had the whole house painted. The re-decorating is still a work-in-progress, so no pics yet, but they will come soon. We tried no fewer than 8 paint samples. John ran back and forth to Sherwin Williams a total of 25 times in the 3 weeks he was here to test out samples. I think they multiply in the garage when we aren't looking!
He has been exploring his creative side.
Don't ask me.......
He has been catching up on his TV shows.
When I leave him a honey-do list and come home to find little-to-nothing done, I usually have to ask him how many episodes of The Office he watched that day. Same goes for Top Gear.
He has been shopping on Ebay.
For Valentines Day, John gave me the 2 framed, autographed records above. Anyone who reads this blog should know about my deep-seeded love for The Beach Boys. James Taylor I discovered later in life, but is gaurenteed to turn my frown upside down. Extra husband points for this thoughtful, special gift! :-)
He has been hanging out with the pooches.
Boys will be boys....
He has been learning to play guitar.
One day he is going to play me an entire song.....
It all ends on Monday when he goes back to work for the long haul. Poor guy has got to get used to getting out of bed before 9:30ish, wearing actual clothes and interacting with adults (not dogs or paint sellers). Can we all give him a collective "siiiigghhhhh"?


Ummmmm.... I LOVE James Taylor too... my dad always did while I was growing up and didn't realize I loved him so much until I was older either :) And I would kill to see your cute dogs play like that!!!
ReplyDeleteLoved the wedding post! I wish Jonathon was as productive as John is on his off-time ;)
Oh, poor poor John... lol. Have fun going back to work. I actually like his "creative side" with the paint in the garage! It looks kinda funky!
ReplyDeleteNice Valentine's gifts! (and nice tv!)
Love you both!