Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Luau Surprise

A couple of weekend's ago John and I traveled home to Florida in stealth mode. The reason? Our brother-in-law's big 4-0! Well, actually it was a week before his 40th, but John's sister Elizabeth wanted to really throw him off so it would be a successful surprise party. One thing I love about Elizabeth, is she never, never throws just any old party. For our niece's 1st birthday, she brought in an entire petting zoo, complete with pony rides, 50 kids, people in costume, etc. Our niece was 1 and I'm pretty positive she has no recollection of any of it but we sure do!

2004
Since then, I don't think any of the kids have had just an ordinary birthday party, like one at McDonald's (always my wish when I was a kid). But for Brian's 40th, she really outdid herself! To go with the Luau theme, she hired Prince Pele. This 10-person Polynesian review/dance group was FANTASTIC!! They really made the party something nobody will forget!

The Birthday Bro! Didn't get a photo of his surprise face unfortunately.
Prince Pele's Daughters

Cake made by Elizabeth's friend

One of the hula's


Prince Pele's grand kids even perform!

William enjoying the food and show!


They taught the ladies some moves. John's mom, sis, and me with niece Evelyn

And of course they make the men put on a skirt and shake it.

Kids loved the limbo!

The band!

Enjoying the celebration

And the finale - fire dance!
 We had an excellent time in Florida, though super-short and action packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment