Monday, August 23, 2010

CoJo on Overdrive!

Life has been moving at a mile a minute it feels and the CoJo house has barely had a second to stop and smell the roses. We've gotten into a nice, but busy, little weekday routine. Pile on a whole bunch of weekends full of summer/wedding celebrations, work and trying to be good parents to Barkley & Jetson and taking a second to breathe, whew! I'm tired just thinking about it all. I can only imagine how it will be in just a couple short weeks when we add another, oh so exciting, element into the shuffle - FOOTBALL! So, dear readers, I am sure you are jusy dying to know how it all breaks down. Well, here you go.

Mondays - Monday, do I need say more? We are lucky to make it to work and back home on this awful day of the week. On this particular Monday, though, we have our annual home owners association meeting. I am pretty sure I am running for the board this year. Good for business and good for getting lines painted on the parking spaces we fight with our not friendly, passive-aggressive neighbors over...but that's another story.



Tuesdays - Brian O' Neil's Run Club. For the past 8 weeks or so, a nice group of us has been meeting up at this righteous mix of exercise and drinking. Task 1 - complete the 3-mile loop around Rice University. Task 2 - enjoy some great beer, maybe win some raffle prizes, and enjoy the friendly company. We are always looking for more runners if you can stand the brutal heat & stiffling humidity, all for the moment when you take that first sip....



Wednesdays - WAKA kickball. John and I have played WAKA kickball since our first days in Tampa and were sorely dissapointed when it wasn't offered here. Well, its finally here and its finally AWESOME! We have such a great team. Everyone has a great attitude, everyone comes to drink afterward, and it helps that we are on a 2 3 game winning streak, both on the field and at the flip cup table. LOVE!



Thursdays and Fridays are usually spent recovering from the week and trying to get to the gym. We have yet to make it to Bingo on Thursday nights but have heard amazing things about this phenomenon that is sweeping the Houston young professional scene. We will make it one day soon - and thats a promise.

This weekend should be interesting - I've got my triathalon coming up on Sunday. Instead of recovering from a hang over, I'll be swimming 300 meters, riding 11 miles and running 3 miles. Wish me luck!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the WAKA kickball mention! So glad you enjoy playing and can fit it into your busy schedule!

    - Sarah Nelson
    World Adult Kickball Association
    http://www.kickball.com

    ReplyDelete