One of those uniquely Texas things that I have grown to love is "Steak Night". A majority of bars and taverns around here set up grills in their parking lots once a week and grill up some Texas Rib Eyes, always served with a loaded baked potato. The Tavern happens to be one of the best to fulfill your carnivorous habit, as JB said. The steaks are always cooked to perfection and I have often ordered steak in a much classier establishment and then wished I would have just gone to steak night and gotten one of their grill-in-the-parking-lot steaks. Last Wednesday, Kate came home from DC for a couple weeks so I went there to catch up and say hello.
The following day we had an ALA reunion at my house. Soleil and Kate (my old coworkers) came over for some wine, Niko Nikos take out and wonderful catching up. Soleil had her man drop her off and pick her up and Kate came over with clothes for the next morning, if that tells you anything.
Friday night I had Just Dinner with my favorite sassy redhead at a place called Just Dinner. It's tiny, filled-with character and best of all, is BYOB! I came home with a full belly and only had an hour left until my favorite man came home!
John and I had a fantastic weekend (what little we had). We hit the mall up for a few hours to do some Christmas shopping (mostly for ourselves, oops) and had dinner at a Mongolian Barbecue restaurant. If you haven't been to a restaurant of this concept, its very cool. From a bazillion options, you choose your protein, seasoning, veggies, then sauce and pile it all into a bowl. Then some chefs grill it up on a big Hibachi-style grill and serve it with your choice of rice, noodles, etc. A few minutes later you have a yummy, semi-nutritious bowl that is completely your creation. Yum, yum yum!
Unfortunately, John had to leave again Sunday afternoon so our time together was short but very, very sweet. We're not sure when he will be home again but hopefully on Friday. His schedule should become a little more predictable once training is over - sometime in mid-January we think.
For now its just me holding down the fort, watching marathons of the Real Housewives, online shopping (Christmas presents this time!), posting on the blog and taking care of our less-than-perfect pups. Barkley came down with conjunctivitis in both eyes today so he is taking eye drops 3 times a day and Jetson is very allergic to something in the air and has to take steroid pills everyday to keep from scratching his skin off. Oh Boy!
Sounds like you will get the hang of this "girl time" thing. It helps to have company! Sorry to hear about the pups being ill! I know how crappy that is! Does Barkley let you put the drops in his eyes? Or do you have to tie him up to do it? LOL
ReplyDeleteHave a good week - keep us posted! I love reading your blogs!
Love you all,
Aunt Kath
I'm with Aunt Kath, I also enjoy reading your blogs! ;-)
ReplyDeleteLove girl time with you!
xoxo.
Thanks for the shout out! You were such a good host last week :) I know you're missing John... just try to enjoy the girl time while you can. Hopefully we can squeeze in some more time together next week before we head back to DC!
ReplyDelete