Saturday, December 18, 2010

I'll Be Home for Christmas

I have been feeling super sad these past couple of days. John is not coming home this weekend but instead is staying in San Jose. He only works Monday through Wednesday of next week and so it doesn't make much sense for him to fly home for a day, fly back and then fly home 3 days later. I know its the sensible thing to do but I still can't help feeling glum about not getting to be together this weekend doing last minute Christmas details and getting ready for our annual drive to Florida. That will make it 10 days without seeing each other. We are definitely trying to focus on the positives of the new job (there are a lot!) but I am sure it's going to be a little rough as we practice getting used to it. When he gets home it will be one whirlwind day of packing us, the dogs, the presents, and 10 million other things into the Nissan for our 14 hour drive home. It's a long drive but well worth it. I know we are both looking forward to spending a little extended time with family and friends over the holidays.


At least I have my little babes to keep me company, although this one has been rather naughty these past few weeks!

Coal?



1 comment:

  1. What has that cutie Jetson been up to??? He looks great with a red nose and a Santa hat tho!

    Before you know it, you will get used to being apart during the week. It does take time tho!

    Have a wonderful trip to FL. Give everyone a kiss and hug from us.

    Merry Christmas, and if I don't get a chance to talk to you beforehand, Happy Birthday!

    Love you lots,

    Aunt Kath

    ReplyDelete