So there I was, minding my own business, driving on West Gray, heading home so that Allie and I could go see GirlTalk at the Verizon Theater yesterday evening....
Mash up, what?!
When all of the sudden out of nowhere a lady tried to make a left turn right in front of me. For once, I was NOT on the phone, I wasn't distracted and I was paying full attention. Despite all this, she only left me seconds to slam on my breaks and I ended up running into her passenger side. I had a green light through the intersection, she had a green light and didn't YIELD to traffic!
Luckily, everyone was okay. Both cars (Nissan Altimas) were banged up pretty badly, her passenger air bag even went off. We were able to drive off the road into a parking lot. A cop came about a minute later. He surveyed the damage, made sure we weren't hurt and then gave us a form to fill out and send to the state before being on his merry way. What?? Why didn't she get a ticket?!
Luckily, everyone was okay. Both cars (Nissan Altimas) were banged up pretty badly, her passenger air bag even went off. We were able to drive off the road into a parking lot. A cop came about a minute later. He surveyed the damage, made sure we weren't hurt and then gave us a form to fill out and send to the state before being on his merry way. What?? Why didn't she get a ticket?!
So now, here I am again, having to take time out of my day in order to get estimates and repairs done. Probably getting the horrid PT Cruiser as a rental again. Again, you ask? Yes AGAIN. This is now the 3rd time in 3 years of owning this car that someone else has caused major damage.
The first time I was parked in a neighborhood and dealing with the craziest of all crazy clients when a neighbor backed out of their garage and right into my car. Dented door. They were nice and came to find me and later gave me a check for the damage (About $850 I think). The crazy client? Was more concerned that her neighbors might find out she was going through a short sale than what happened to my car.
The second time I was on W Gray (Maybe I need to stay off that street). I slowed down almost to a stop to let someone in front of me turn into a shopping center when, BAM, a van rear ended me. Even better, the drivers didn't speak English or, as we came to find out later, didn't have insurance. Thinking it wasn't a big deal at the time I didn't call the cops. I just got her information (bogus insurance for a person who didn't own the car and wasn't driving) and continued on my way. Luckily we have uninsured motorist coverage so it only cost us $250 out of pocket.
So yes, this is the 3rd time. This is the worst damage yet. Here are some photos -
At first I thought I could attribute these accidents to just living in Houston, but thinking about it again, nobody else I know who lives and drives in Houston has had this many things happen to them. I am becoming very good friends with my favorite body shop and insurance adjusters! I've come to the conclusion, the Nissan is cursed!
Maybe I need a new car, maybe an Infiniti G35 or something??? Right, John John? It's really for my safety! :-)
Well, I'm glad you are alright!
ReplyDeleteGlad YOU weren't hurt! I would have been so mad at that lady. So did you make it to GirlTalk??
ReplyDelete