Monday, January 10, 2011

Beautify Our Loft!

John and I are in the market for some new office furniture! Hopefully once he is finished his training in Cali, he will have some times when he will need to work from home for a few weeks at a time. Our little loft that functions as an office/gym/craft room is desperately in need of a make-over. My little desk from Target didn't really stand the test of time very well. We have done some online research and went out looking this past weekend at a couple local furniture stores. Here are some desks we liked.

Thomasville Wanderlust Desk with Hutch - Probably my favorite that we've seen, but also quite pricey!

No matching file cabinet, but we thought this media center could work for some extra storage options.

The Crate & Barrell Reveal Desk - very cool but practical? I don't know.  

 Could we keep all of our stuff neat enough to make this desk work?
 It does have a cute matching file cabinet though, which I really like!


What are your thoughts on these pieces? Know any places to get good quality, but affordable furniture?


I think we are still trying to figure out our style. I would say we like somewhat traditional but always with a twist.  Ethan Allen has a quiz that helps you figure out your furniture style - I thought it was interesting!
My style is Villa (followed by Global and Estate).

The verdict is in—your style is Villa. Villa is romance reinvented. A high-end “decorator” look. Refined without fuss. Serene yet strong. Pedigreed while also modern. Inspired by French and Scandinavian design. A mingling of carved woods. handcrafted artisanship, and the dressmaker detail.

What are you?

3 comments:

  1. The verdict is in—your style is Estate. Estate is an eternal American summer. Sporty. Charming. Breezy yet cultivated. A union of antique inspiration and geometric clarity. Civilization in peaceful coexistence with robust outdoor life. In the main house or the guest cottage, effortless elegance.

    followed by loft...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I personally like the hutch too - but I'm sure it's pretty pricey, judging by the look of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The verdict is in—your style is Derelict. Derelict is an eternal American dumpster. Stinky. Dirty. Don't mind wallowing in your own filth. A union of junk on the curb that people are throwing out and a clever uses of cinder blocks and duct tape. Uncivilized in coexistence with vermin and other outdoor life. In a crack house or a trailer park, effortless slumming.

    Followed by Victorian?!?!

    ReplyDelete