I see a lot of houses. A lot of beautiful houses. We listed this home a couple of months ago and every time I see it, I fall more in love. It's shot right to the top of my dream list. The interior of this home is exactly what I would want my house to look like, but I am lacking that vision to be able to put together anything even remotely this beautiful. Did I mention, the owner is also a professional designer?
 |
| Living Room - A fun mixture of sleek modern pieces mixed with interesting antique pieces. |
 |
| Another view of the living room and great wet bar (the little window on the right). |
 |
| I couldn't be more in love with this kitchen! Subway tile backsplash, black honed granite counter tops and glass front cabinets. Their kitchen always looks this perfect. Ugh. |
 |
| One of my favorite ideas EVER. I love this space for so many reasons. This is what most people would use as the breakfast room - open to the kitchen. Its also the room that everyone naturally flocks too - why not make it comfy and inviting? The great windows curve outward to widen the space. You can't see them very well but the 2 photographs on the wall behind the chair fascinate me. They are photos of what looks to be a happening South Beach party in the early 90's. Every time you look at it you notice something new and interesting. Have you figured out how much I love this room yet? |
 |
| Another view of the kitchen. The recessed cook top is such a neat idea. |
 |
| Master Bedroom. Its like a posh hotel room. My next bedroom better be able to fit a couch and chair. The antlers on the wall are something I would never imagine but such a special touch. |
 |
| A view of the master showing the great study nook that opens up. Another one of my favorite features. |
 |
| A close up of the little study with a wall of built in cabinets and shelving. Love the modern white Lucite desk and the traditional shape of the chair. |
 |
| Guest bedroom - inviting, right? You can't tell but the prints on the wall are amazing. Different front doors from what I am thinking is Italy or somewhere exotic. |
 |
| Master closet - this is really what you would refer to as a "dressing room" because you would totally want to hang out in here. I love the Juliette balcony with French doors and wall of windows for natural light. I also love the unique chandelier! Seriously, who would think to put a chandelier in their closet, but its amazing! |
 |
| Dining Room - another amazing chandelier and wall of windows. This is another example of the owner's ability to really juxtapose modern elements with antiques. |
 |
| This view shows the front door and entry. |
 |
| Super cool powder room with funky hand-painted wall paper by David Hicks. I would never have the vision to pick this but it really looks awesome. You also can't tell from this photo but the mirror is amazing. |
So, I am working on taking in the details of this home and trying to bring them into my own life. Wish me luck because this is a skill that does not come naturally to me. Also, if anyone has any awesome blown-up photographs of early 90's South Beach parties, let me know because I am in the market!
Any advice?
I've seen those prints of the front doors of Europe somewhere.... I almost want to say on a calender! I can't say I've seen the South Beach Party ones tho... have you tried Googling it?
ReplyDeleteLove you!
AK