| These hands belong to 3 lucky girls! |
We got together in Washington D.C. (where Lisa lives) a few weekends ago for some catching up, reminiscing and dress shopping! We started with a night out on the town on Friday. Found some great live music at a local Irish pub in Lisa's Arlington, VA neighborhood.
| Cheers |
Saturday morning we got up bright and early to make it to Georgetown for our first appointment at Hitched - an adorable shop with fantastic saleswomen and amazing dresses. After finding some BEAUTIFUL (but pricey) dresses, we headed to a more laid-back salon in Old Town, Alexandria - Ellies. Thinking it would be hard to top the first place, we were pleasantly surprised at the selection, quality and prices of the dresses. I can't post photos here because I think they both found THE ONE!
With a full morning of wedding shopping under our belts and empty stomachs, we headed to the National Harbor in Maryland for the Beer, Bourbon & BBQ festival. My dear Houston-transplanted-to-D.C. friend, Kate met up with us for an afternoon of indulgence. Unfortunately, I wasnt impressed with the BBQ truck we picked but the libations were yummy and the festival had a fantastic cover band that played everything under the sun. By the end of the day we were swaying to the music and being thoroughly entertained by the folks that maybe had more bourbon than bbq, if you know what I mean.
Sunday morning we had some excellent brunch and hung out the rest of the day talking about color schemes, flowers, centerpieces, bridesmaid dresses, showers, bachelorette parties and all of the other stuff that goes along with weddings. I couldn't be happier to get to share in these ladies' lives like I do and I feel so lucky that despite the distance that has seperated us since college, we can still pick up right where we left off.
I hope all of you have that friend in your lives!
Sounds like you all had a great time! Congratz to Dani and Lisa!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt Kath