Me: Have I told you how much I love you for letting me quit my job on a whim and move here. I haven't been this happy all the time in a long time.
John: Is that because I'm not there?
Me: Can you just take a compliment and be happy for me? It's because I love it here.
Despite John's smart-a$$ remark, it's true. I seem to walk around with a perma-smile on my face these days. There was some drama for a couple of weeks with the movers bringing our things which was stressful but everything arrived a week ago and the house is ALMOST unpacked. Its at least livable with only a few remaining boxes. It was definitely a struggle unpacking into a smaller place but now that its over, I'm settling into a little routine.
So, back to the happiness. I am thoroughly enjoying my time as a stay-at-home dog mom. Today I woke up, walked the dogs then got my bike out and went for a nice ride on Bayshore Blvd. (It's the longest continuous sidewalk in the US!) It was a beautiful day. The highlight was seeing a dolphin jumping out of the water. Around 5:30 I herded the dogs in the car and went to Davis Island. We took a walk around the Harbor and ended up at the dog park. Watching them run around the by the water warms my heart.
Bayshore Blvd. Morning
Davis Island Evening
I can't explain why, but I just feel more like myself here. But all this freedom has to come to an end soon. Job search is in full swing! (But hopefully something doesn't come along too soon.) :)
Happy November!
~CL



No comments:
Post a Comment