Monday, November 14, 2011

Un-Blog-Ivated

So, I've been feeling uninspired and unmotivated to keep up with my blog as of late. I attribute it to the fact that while I was working the daily grind, this blog was my place to let out my creativity. Now that I am a SAHDM (stay-at-home-dog-mom, duh!), I have a ton of ways I am letting out my creativity every day. In addition to decorating the apartment, I've been putting many hours into planning a bridal shower for my dear friend, Lisa, who is getting married in December.

Not only am I super excited about the theme (Monograms & Mimosas) and the activity (Champagne tasting), but I have decided to DIY pretty much all of the things for the party. The invitations turned out fantastic. I'm quite proud!

Gold shimmering cardstock, mounted on black cardstock, mounted on  decorative cardstock

I found the black and white themed paper at Michael's and I think its perfect for a Savannah, GA shower!

My next projects are the champagne "score cards" and menu cards, etc. I also plan to personalize champagne flutes for all of the guests as favors! Why can't I do this stuff for a living (with other people's money of course!). 

Speaking of weddings, I've also been busy making plans for my other best friends bachelorette party in Charleston. Finding a place to house 18ish girls is tough, but as soon as I get over this hump, the fun stuff can begin! 

In the meantime, Cojo has lots of traveling and trips planned. This weekend I am heading to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival  to celebrate another bachelorette weekend with some great girls. Immediately after that (Monday) I am flying up to NY to meet John. We are staying a few nights with his sister, brother-in-law and our adorable nephew Eston, then heading to NJ to spend Thanksgiving with my dad's whole side of the family. 

Eston - 18ish months. My little ginger nephew.
A couple of weeks after we get back, my mom is coming to visit. This holiday season is certainly going to fly by! 

John and I had a great weekend though. Saw some good friends who came to town and went to our first Buc's game. They got slaughtered by the Texans. :-)

Gorgeous November Day!!

Have a great week, y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment