Monday, December 12, 2011

CoJo's Year in Review (Part II)

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Year!  I will do posts on my insane week, but in the meantime, here is the second half of 2011 in a nutshell.

For the first half review, click here.

July
In July, we worked a lot, celebrated the nation's independence, booked a trip to Hawaii, started a better fitness routine and made a spontaneous trip to Jacksonville for our brother-in-law's 40th birthday party and family time.  All in all, a good month! (AND a hot & dry month if you remember the horrendous drought & record # of days over 100 degrees that Houston experienced!!!)

Nothing says "America" like 2 pairs of sunglasses and a Bud Light
Nothing says "40" like lei's and limbo
August
In August we finally did it. We made the big decision to officially begin the process of moving to Florida. A big step in our long-time happiness. We put our house on the market and kept up our fitness routine to be bikini ready (well, me anyway) for Hawaii!!!!


Gun show! 
Cute dog!

Great home!
Also, John and I each had our 15 minutes of fame. A nice farewell to Houston.
From Life & Dog Magazine, The "Men Issue"
Houston Magazine (me and Neha in the very bottom left!


September
Was INSANE!!! Just see this post - September to Remember.

October
October we MOVED!!! We found a lovely apartment in a great part of town. We had issues with the movers (Don't use Houston Movers R Us, people!!) (I know, we maybe should have been warned by the name "Houston Movers R Us" but we were dense) but we finally got our stuff and set up our new place.

Furniture is here but A LOT to do!
We also went to our only Gator football game of this miserable football year. Bad game (against Alabama) but good tailgating and a fabulous Dream Team reunion.

CoJo & Dash
November
I'm pretty sure we were hardly home for the month of November. Lisa had a fun "G-rated" Bachelorette party in Disney World! We dressed up like golfers.

Around the World pub golf followed by rides and Cinderella's castle! 
A trip to West Point, NY to visit John's sister and her family!

The G Family and us.
John's Birthday!!!

10 year anniversary of the 21st

Thanksgiving with the paternal side of the family in New Jersey.



A quick weekend in NYC.

Sardi's

Lady Liberty

I'm obviously the better jumper. Ha Ha Ha.
December
I hardly remember this month and it just happened! It was one big whirlwind! In the beginning, my momma came to town and we made a trip down to lovely Stuart to see the rest of the fam. We also were able to fit in a quick beach walk on Hobe Sound Beach.



We did some Christmas shopping, decked the halls, baked tons of snickerdoodles and went to a white elephant party.



Then John's clan came to town. We had tons of fun taking the kids to the Florida Aquarium, Glazer Children's Museum and discovering a fabulous gluten-free pizza restaurant right around the corner. (I love gluten, but the brother-in-law has Celiac's disease).












A day after they left, we headed to Jacksonville for Christmas. We had a great holiday, playing just dance on the Wii was especially fun. John and I also each got to catch up with some old friends and celebrate some of their big news! THEN....duh duh duh. We headed to Savannah, Georgia for the Magnisa nuptials. The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. More on that in a future post.





Unfortunately, we also ended 2011 on a tragic note. One of my best friend's father was a truck driver and was involved in a fatal accident just after Christmas. It really hit all of us hard and our hearts broke for the indescribable pain that Ashley, her mom and Don are feeling. I've never met a person who had a closer relationship with a parent than Ashley had with her dad. Right now, it's really hard to see any good that comes from something like this, but I've been thinking a lot about Frank's life. Though I only met him about 5 years ago and didn't know him extremely well, everything I knew about him involved the word "love". He LOVED his only daughter, Ashley, more than anyone could possibly put into words. He LOVED his wife so much to stick by her through good times and some bad during their 31 years of marriage. He LOVED the Gators, all things Gators, and was the true definition of a fan. He LOVED God. He was a good ol' southern boy and he LOVED his 2 dogs, the NRA, Rush Limbaugh, and so much more. People always say nice things about people when they are gone and I often wonder if they are exaggerated. This is one case in which I know that these words are the absolute truth. I want to be remembered like Frank when I am gone - as a person who LOVED life and really lived it to its fullest. So, despite the sadness, I am beginning 2012 on a positive note. I don't usually make any "resolutions" but I hope when I am feeling uninspired or unhappy with life, I will remember Frank and his love and passion for his life. It wasn't an easy or a perfect life by any means, but it was his beautiful life and he loved it.



I hope I can remember to be nicer to people, be more understanding, be optimistic, be passionate, and be loyal to those I love and make 2012 an even better year than 2011!! Tell the people you love that you love them. I hope Frank's family will find comfort in knowing that he was an inspiration, even to those he only touched for a brief moment.

Much love and best wishes to all!

Corie

 Frank Trammell's Obituary




No comments:

Post a Comment