This week I have been battling the flu. It all started on Monday night with a really bad night's sleep. I tossed and turned all night long. I know I kept poor John up but luckily Barkley & Jetson seemed to sleep through the whole thing - horizontally on the bed....hmm. Do you think having to sleep in awkward positions so as not to disturb my little snoring beauties could attribute to my horrible night's sleep? Anyway, I woke up feeling yucky. Tired, cranky, sore and achy muscles and with a little bit of a scratchy throat. It progressed through the day so on my way home I hopped by Walgreens for the essentials - mainly Zicam - which works like a miracle if you haven't tried it! Since then I've been shooting myself full of zinc, vitamin c, h2o and sleep, sleep, sleep. In bed at about 9 every night! I am proud to say that after 2 days of
almost being sick, it appears as if I have beat the flu! HA, take that, flu! Feeling almost 100% today which is a good thing because we have a visitor from
the far east Jacksonville flying in today. Nitesh is coming to visit John for his big 3-0 birthday! We've got a big celebration planned this weekend but more about that later. For now I am just celebrating my little victory over the big, bad flu!
**Special shout out to Mom for not shoving antibiotics down my throat for every little childhood illness and giving me an award winning immune system! Woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment